Chiltern Toy Bank is a registered Charity, number: 1175510. As a registered Charity we submit documentation to the Charity Commission on an annual basis. The Charity Commission collects information about registered charities in England and Wales, including;
- what the charity does
- finance information, like income and expenditure
- any actions the Charity Commission has taken against the charity
You can find this information at: https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/
Chiltern Toy Bank is managed by a small group of Trustees, that at a minimum includes:
- A Chairperson
- A Treasurer
- A Secretary
These are voluntary positions fulfilled by people local to the Chilterns Area.
If you would like to contact one of the Trustees, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the core work that Chiltern Toy Bank undertakes there is a need to collect personal information, both from volunteers and those registering for our support. This means that Chiltern Toy Bank is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller. More information on the ICO and General Data Protection Regulation can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/
All Trustees and Volunteers are asked to agree their adherence to this policy and ensure the integrity and security of the information collected.
All Trustees are asked to agree to their adherence of this policy and also the data we hold follows the following principles of:
- Purpose limitation
- Data minimization
- Storage limitation
Last revision: 11/09/2022
Our contact details
Name: Samantha Horsman
Address: 18 Brandon Mead, Chesham, HP5 2FQ
Phone Number: 07947 551312
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (name, address, email address, phone number, medical information relevant to declare for those who volunteer, and relationship to child in registered for support)
- Personal identifiers of children receiving support from our organisation (name, gender, age, date of birth, medical information relevant to the receipt of toys)
- High level detail of financial support already received by the registering family (e.g. Universal Credit, Disability Allowance)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To assist us in supporting your children during the Christmas period by providing them free toys
- To register with us as a volunteer, where you may be collecting toys, working in a warehouse or delivering toys to families
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Confirm registration for support (provided digitally via a Google Form or email)
- Parent/Guardian/Carer – Name, address, email address and telephone number to interact during the Christmas season and deliver free toys to your house ready for Christmas Day
- Parent/Guardian/Carer relationship to the child to help us understand our demographic and ensure there is only one application per household and child
- Name of the child being registered for support to ensure there is only one application per child
- Gender, age and date of birth of child that is being registered for support to allow our volunteers enough information to choose appropriate toys for the child
- Allergen and Special Needs information of the child that is being registered for support to allow our volunteers enough information to provide safe and appropriate toys for the child where possible
- Volunteering Form (provided digitally):
- Name, address, email address and telephone number of the volunteer to allow us to easily contact the volunteer during their engagement with the organisation
- Medical information of the volunteer relevant to declare to allow our Trustees enough information to provide a safe volunteering environment to work within
- Volunteer’s emergency contact details to allow Trustees enough information to contact the right person in the case of an emergency
We may share this information with Buckinghamshire County Council if there is a concern to a person’s welfare or safety when interacting with our organisation.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a legitimate interest
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored. This is done digitally through a secure, password protected and multi-factored authenticated Google Workspace site and physically in a locked paper storage cabinet, only accessible by Trustees.
We keep data provided when registering for support in full for 1 Year after the date of registration. We will then dispose of the personal identifiers from your information by permanently deleting the specific data from our digital files and any printed delivery or packing slips will be shredded. We will retain the following information; town where the toys were delivered, child gender and ages of the child supported, to allow us to track annual trends in the geographical locations of the families we support and the gender and age distribution of the children we support.
We keep the data provided when registering to volunteer with us in full for the time you are engaged with the organisation. At the point you declare you no longer wish to volunteer with us we will permanently delete any digital records held and will shred any paper versions of your form during our annual data review.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com, addressing the email to Samantha Horsman, Chairperson.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk